1. Do I have to be an SBJ member to submit an abstract?
Yes. SBJ membership is required to make a presentation at the meeting. Membership benefits include a meeting registration discount. For more information, visit the registration page.
2. Is there an abstract submission fee?
No, but there is a 10,000 JPY for Active member and 6,000 JPY for Student members non-refundable charge to attend the meeting. All presenters must register for the meeting at the appropriate rate. Presenters must complete the registration before abstract submission. You will receive ID and Password to submit abstract online after you register for the meeting online. Without the ID and Password, you cannot submit an abstract.
3. I am an SBJ Oversea member. Can I use my membership number to register for the meeting?
Yes. You can enter your membership number in 6 digits on the online registration form.
4. I am a KSBB /BEST member. Do I have to join SBJ to make a presentation at the meeting?
No. Members of The Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering (KSBB) and Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering Society of Taiwan (BEST) may be exempt from paying for the SBJ membership fee, and register for the meeting at the SBJ member’s rates. Please contact SBJ Business Office () before starting online registration.
5. What presentation formats are available?
General presentations will be conducted using Zoom breakout rooms. Presenting authors are requested to submit an abstract and a pre-recorded video.
6. Can I include a table or a figure in the abstract?
No, we only accept text data.
7. How long can my presentation summary be?
To apply for a presentation, you need to prepare the data within the following character limits:
- Presentation summary (without title and author information): 400 characters
- Title: 200 characters
- Author information (names and affiliation abbreviations): 400 characters
8. What is the character limit for the abstract body?
- General Presentation: 1,540 characters
- Symposium and Award Lecture: 4,270 characters
8. When will I know my presentation schedule?
All presenting authors will receive an e-mail notification of scheduling at the end of July, 2022.
9. Should I anticipate any problems submitting an abstract on the Web?
No. Experience has shown that only a few users have any difficulty in completing the online submission. If you do have a problem we suggest that you try another computer. Some combinations of certain computers and browsers on occasion may cause problems.
10. Can I exit the program after partially completing the submission and return later to complete the process?
No, if you exit the program before you click on “Submit”, your information will be lost and you will need to start over. You may minimize your screen while you work in another program.
11. Can I cut and paste my entry items from a word processor into the submission system?
This will be determined by your own computer system. We do not recommend using the cut and paste option when it involves special characters (such as super- or subscripts, Greek characters etc.). Make sure you use only standard ASCII characters. You will need to confirm and repair any missing characters.
12. How do I change the presenting author’s name?
The presenting author’s name cannot be changed. To change the presenting author’s name, you must withdraw the entry, then resubmit with the new name. This must be done by the application deadline of 12 noon (JST) on June 22, 20221.
13. Can I revise my application?
Yes. Go to the registration site and log in with your ID and Password. After 12 noon (JST) on June 22, 2022, no modifications will be accepted.
14. The system is very slow. Why?
If you are submitting your application on the last two days leading up to the deadline, you may experience some slowness because of the number of people using the system on these days. While we have made every effort to ensure efficient receipt of all abstracts, extreme stress on the system may result in a slower submission process. PLEASE SUBMIT EARLY TO AVOID FRUSTRATIONS. We cannot extend the deadline past 12 noon (JST), July 7, 2021.
15. After I paid the registration fee and submitted the abstract, I realized that I cannot attend the meeting. Can I cancel my registration?
All cancellations must be received in writing no later than August 31, 2022. Please note that in the case of cancellation or non-attendance, no refund of fees may be expected.
16. I do not see my questions in the FAQ’s, who can help?
Contact SBJ Business office at for inquiry about membership. As for the solution of technical problems, please contact Web secretariat at .