Abstract Submission: July 4 (Mon)–July 22 (Fri), 2022 at 12 noon (JST)
Submission of Pre-recorded Video (for General Presentation only):
August 1 (Mon)–September 9 (Fri), at 12 noon (JST)
Upload a pre-recorded video (For General Presentation only)
NOTE: No modifications will be accepted after the deadlines.
Guidelines for presenters
Preparation of slides and a video (only for General Presentation)
- Speakers of General Presentation are required to provide a 12-minute video (MP4, less than120MB).
How to prepare your video presentation
- Please prepare your files in MS PowerPoint with a screen ratio of 4:3.
- We recommend at least 18 points, preferably 24 points or more.
- Avoid using red and green together because the combination may cause problems for your audience who are color blind.
Preparation of an abstract
Prepare an abstract and submit it via our online system by July 22, 2022 at 12 noon (JST).
- Character count limit of the abstract body (including spaces)
- General presentation: 1,540 characters
- Symposium and Award lecture: 4,270 characters
- Tables and figures cannot be included in the abstract.
Notes to be pointed
- General presentations will be accepted from active or student members of the Society who have paid their membership dues for 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to supply the abstract with accuracy of content, spelling and presentation. The abstracts will be published exactly as submitted.
- Members of The Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering (KSBB) and Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering Society of Taiwan (BEST) can register at the SBJ member’s rate and make one oral presentation. Please contact the SBJ Business Office () for more information.
- Presenting author will receive their presentation numbers with its schedule by e-mail when the program is finalized at the end of July, 2022.
Abstract submission period：July 4, 2022 to July 22, 2022 at 12 noon
Please visit the FAQ page before you make inquiries.
The Society for Biotechnology, Japan
c/o Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita
Osaka 565-0871, Japan