The 73rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Biotechnology, Japan
Date: October 27 (Wed)–29 (Fri), 2021
Venue: Online meeting
- Application for Presentation: June 4, 2021–July 7, 2021 at 12 noon (JST)
- Abstract (PDF) Submission: July 20, 2021–August 20, 2021 at 12 noon (JST)
- Submission of a pre-recorded video (for General Presentations only):
August 23, 2021–September 27, 2021 at 12 noon (JST)
- Advance Registration: June 4, 2021–September 15, 2021 at 17:00 (JST)
- Publication Date of the Meeting Abstracts: October 13, 2021
- Late Registration: October 25–29, 2021
|Lunchtime Seminars||Lunchtime Seminars||Lunchtime Seminars|
|Virtual social gathering
|Young Researchers Committee
|Advance Registration Fee
(until 17:00, September 15, 2021)
|Late Registration Fee
(from October 25 to October 29, 2021)
|Banquet (Okinawa Gourmet Set)
(for DOMESTIC applicants only)
(Consumption tax included.)
- The Okinawa gourmet set (“Awamori”, “Orion Beer”, and regional cuisine in retort pouch) can be purchased by domestic participants who attend the banquet on October 27.
- Only credit card payment is available for the late registration from October 25 to 29, 2021.
- The PDF version of the Meeting Abstracts will be available prior to the meeting for those who complete payment by due date.
- The Meeting Abstract book can be purchased online (SBJ members: 4,000JPY; Nonmembers: 5,000 JPY). The delivery will be made after the meeting.
- Participants can download a receipt in PDF from the online system. Be sure to SAVE the receipt since the download link works only once.
- An admission pass will NOT be sent. You can access the meeting room using the ID and password you receive when you register for the meeting.
Date: October 27, 2021 (9:00–9:50)
Award ceremony will be held online using Zoom.
9:00–9:05 Opening Remarks by the SBJ President
9:05–9:10 KSBB President’s Speech
9:10–9:20 Distinguished members presentation
9:20–9:50 Award presentation
Banquet (Virtual social gathering)
Date: October 27 (Wed), 2021 (
Okinawa gourmet set: 6,000 JPY (including domestic shipping fee and tax)
Pre-registration is required. Participants should get the Okinawa gourmet set to attend the online banquet.
Date: October 28 (Thu) and October 29 (Fri) , 2021
General presentations will be conducted in Zoom Breakout rooms. The Zoom room ID for each session will be available together with the Abstract PDF and a pre-recorded video presentation for participants.
There will be 18 symposium sessions via Zoom during the 73rd SBJ meeting.
Young Asian Biotechnologist Prize Lecture
[A3H7-0001] Dr. Rodney H. Perez (University of the Philippines Los Baños)
Date: October 29, 2021 9:00–9:20 Room (Host) H7
KSBB & BEST Invited Presentations
Invited speakers from the Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering (KSBB) and Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering Society of Taiwan (BEST) will give a talk in the KSBB-BEST-SBJ Joint symposium “Biotechnology for SDGs” on October 28, 2021. ⇒more
Date: October 28, 2021 13:00-16:00 Room H6
- ［S2H6-1201］ Prof. Jeong-woo Choi（Sogang University, Korea）
- ［S2H6-1202］ Prof. John Chi-Wai Lan（Yuan Ze University, Taiwan）
- ［S2H6-1204］ Prof. Youn Hee Choi（KIET, Korea）
- ［S2H6-1205］ Prof. Jae-Hyung Jang（Yonsei University, Korea）
- ［S2H6-1206］ Prof. Hsiang-Yu Wang（NTHU, Taiwan ）
- ［S2H6-1207］ Prof. Jonghoon Choi（Chung-Ang University, Korea）
Date: October 27–29, 2021
Lunchtime seminars will be held over lunchtime online, which foster a relaxed environment for researchers in industry and academia staff to engage in further discussion and networking.
Young Researchers Committee for Biotechnology
Date: October 28, 2021 (18:00–20:00)
Date: October 27–29, 2021
Any organization including a company or a university are welcomed to be an exhibitor and a sponsor!
A & E PLANNING CO., LTD.
Hitotsubashi Bekkan 4F, 2-4-4, Hitotsubashi,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0003 Japan
Please visit the FAQ page before you make inquiries.
SBJ Meeting 2021 Secretariat
Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University
744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
For inquiries regarding membership or online registration, contact:
The Society for Biotechnology, Japan
c/o Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita
Osaka 565-0871, Japan