June 4 (Fri), 2021–July 7 (Wed), 2021 at 12 noon (JST)
♦ Abstract (PDF) Submission:
July 20 (Tue), 2021–August 20 (Fri), 2021 at 12 noon (JST)
♦ Submission of a pre-recorded video (for General Presentation only):
August 23 (Mon)–September 27, at 12 noon (JST)
NOTE: You can upload the revised version until the deadline. After the deadline, you cannot replace the video.
Notes to be pointed
- General presentations will be accepted from active or student members of the Society who have paid their membership dues for 2021.
- No modifications can be made after the deadlines. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to supply the abstract with accuracy of content, spelling and presentation.
The abstracts will be published exactly as submitted.
- Members of The Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering (KSBB) and Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering Society of Taiwan (BEST) can register at the SBJ member’s rate and make one oral presentation. Please contact the SBJ Business Office (email@example.com more information.
- Presenting author will receive their presentation numbers with its schedule by e-mail when the program is finalized in August.
Guidelines for presenters
Preparation of an abstract (PDF)
Prepare your abstract using the templates below and upload the file via the online system.
NOTE: Tables and figures cannot be included in the abstract PDF.
- ⇒Abstract Template (for General Presentation) (1-page, A4 size)
- ⇒Abstract Sample (for General Presentation)
- ⇒Abstract Template (for Symposium and Award Lectures) (2-pages, A4 size)
- ⇒Abstract Sample (for Symposium and Award Lectures)
Please complete your submission by August 20, 2021 at 12 noon (JST).
Preparation of slides and a video (only for General Presentation)
- Speakers of General Presentation are required to provide a 12-minute video (MP4, less than120MB).
- Please prepare your files in MS PowerPoint with a screen ratio of 4:3.
- We recommend at least 18 points, preferably 24 points or more.
- Avoid using red and green together because the combination may cause problems for your audience who are color blind.
Please visit the FAQ page before you make inquiries.
The Society for Biotechnology, Japan
c/o Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita
Osaka 565-0871, Japan